Nº 434 Twannbach Gorge
The hike from Magglingen over the Twannberg ascent and down to Twann is a popular classic. Spectacular views from above, such as the imposing Twannbach river canyon and fairytale lanes of the wine making village Twann make this tour so appealing.
Good to know
- Timber work is taking place around Magglingen until the end of May 2021, which is why the hiking trail is being diverted. Please follow the signs on site.
- Warning: the terrain of the gorge may be very slippery in wet weather.
- Each year maintenance work is undertaken to ensure the footpath remains through the gorge. The funding is partly provided by an entrance fee.
- In Reto's Glas-Atelier (glass factory), visitors will enjoy discovering and observing the work of glassblowers.
- Mr. Blaser offers trekking tours with lamas and donkeys through the Twannbach Gorge.
Prices per person
- CHF 2.-
- CHF 1.-
- 170 m
Height Difference Back
- 620 m
- 2 h 40
Hiking Time Back
- 3 h 0
- Easy (Hiking Trail)