Enjoyed in winter, the Treber sausage is regarded as one of the specialties of Lake Biel.
Many years ago, on the vine-clad slopes of the Lake Biel region, winegrowers were busy trimming the vines during the winter months. The cold north-east wind made sure that everyone working in the vineyards was frozen. But the wineries offered one cozy and warm spot: the room where the waste from the grapes was distilled to make schnapps. Someone had the idea of cooking a sausage in the hot steam issuing from the cover of the distilling vessel.
- From 1 Jan 2024 to 15 Mar 2024
- Locations: tasting in a cellar or at a restaurant.
- The sausages are cooked in the hot steam of the cover of a distilling vessel.
- Side dishes: potato salad, gratin or simply with bread.
- As this dish is highly prized, it is essential to book a table in advance.
- BSG Lake Biel Navigation Company also offers the opportunity to taste the Treber sausage during a cruise.
- Booking required
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for groups