Discover and visit one of the last absinthe drying shed in the Val-de-Travers.
The Regional Museum of Val-de-Travers offers you the chance to discover the absinthe drying shed at Boveresse. You can explore the amazing architecture and history of this building which was used to dry the plants. Built in 1893 by the Barrelet brothers of Boveresse, it was classified as a historic monument in 1998 when it was purchased by the former Association of the Val-de-Travers Regional Museum of History and Crafts. The drying shed has been kept in its original state, without heating or insulation, so it is open only during the summer season.
- From 1 May 2023 to 15 Oct 2023
- Prices per personAdults
- CHF 5.-
- Entrance with tasting session
- CHF 8.-
- Children (up to 16 years old)
- Guided tourUp to 10 persons per guide
- CHF 100.-
- From May to October, open every first Sunday of the month from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Reservation for groups between 10 and 15 people
- Possibility to end the visit with a regional aperitif
- Guided tours
- Exhibition / explanations
- Suitable for groups