Wide or narrow, bubbling or calm: meet the Areuse.
This captivating route follows the course of the river Areuse – tranquil one moment, tempestuous the next. Stone bridges, catwalks, stairways, narrow passages through the cliffs and awesome rock walls punctuate this revitalising hike through the gorges.
- ATTENTION: Due to major works, the Gorges de l'Areuse pathway will be closed between Noiraigue and Champ-du-Moulin from 21 to 30 November 2023 (except at weekends)
- From Neuchâtel, you can take the train to Noiraigue or Champ-du-Moulin, then return by tram from Boudry
- From 11 September 2023 until the end of the year, a section of the Areuse Gorges path will be rerouted (see "Rerouting" link)
- Not recommended for pushchairs
- In the middle of the walk, enjoy the regional specialities of the restaurant de La Truite in Champ-du-Moulin
- City start