On a hill overlooking the town and lake, the must-see historical monument of Neuchâtel.
Dating from the late 10th century, this majestic turreted structure is the perfect icon for the city. Now the seat of the Canton's government, the interior of the Castle is open to visitors from April to September. But from its ramparts, visitors can always admire the stunning view of the city's rooftops, the lake and the Alps.
Good to know
- Access by public transport: bus n° 101 (stop Saint-Nicolas)
- 01.04 - 30.05: guided tours on weekends and bank holidays at 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- 01.06 - 30.09: guided tours from Tuesday to Sunday at 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Languages: English, French and German
- The visit of the Prison tower is included in the guided tour of the castle at 5 p.m.
- Private guided tour possible all year round
Entrance (from 16 years old)
- CHF 5.-
Guided tour (min. 10 persons)
Up to 20 persons per guide
- CHF 70.-
Links & PDFs