A unique wine walk through the vineyards of Lake Biel/Bienne. Learn about the regional wines and their producers during three wine tastings.
During this three-kilometre walk through the vineyards, you will discover the beautiful landscape of the northern shore of Lake Biel/Bienne and learn interesting facts about the wine-growing region, the various grape varieties, and the production of fine wines. In three different wineries, you will taste 13 wines and meet the winegrowers who keep creating new surprises with plenty of passion and dedication, as each wine has its own characteristics.
While there were practically only Chasselas and Pinot Noir on Lake Biel/Bienne a few decades ago, the list of cultivated varieties has grown to over 40 grape varieties today; in addition to the classics, rarities and specialities are also cultivated. All the wineries are family businesses; the wines are produced by hand and vinified in-house.
You will be accompanied by a guide sharing additional information and anecdotes about the region throughout the afternoon.
- Visit of 3 wineries
- Tasting of a total of 13 wines
- Assorted cold cuts
- The vinitour is a guided tour
- From 22 Feb 2024 to 29 Jun 2024
- Conditions / supplements
- Only upon reservation until Thursday at noon.
- Limited number of participants
- The length of this hike varies depending on the participating winemakers. The route is very exposed to the sun and can include a demanding climb of 150 meters. Please equip yourself accordingly and take enough water.
- Hiking shoes are recommended.
- Activity possible regardless of the weather
- Meeting place
- 1 p.m. at Ligerz or Twann train station (as per information on the booking confirmation - next to the language).
- French or German (depending on date)
- Suitable for groups