Visit a truffle farm with a guide and his truffle dog, followed by a tasting of truffle products and wines from the region.
Guided tours of the truffle producing areas with comprehensive explanations about truffle cultivation and gathering. Truffle hounds Alvin or Astor will demonstrate truffle hunting; several methods of truffle excavation will also be demonstrated.
The visit will close with an aperitif and tasting of truffle-flavoured products and surprising desserts also incorporating truffles, accompanied by wines from the region (AOC Bonvillars or Côtes de l'Orbe).
Saturdays, October 7st and 21nd and November 18th
- Conditions / supplements
- For groups of 8 or more, additional tours can be organised on request during the truffle season, from September to January.
- Equipment: Good footwear, weather-appropriate clothing. The tour continues even in bad weather.
- Note: Dogs are not allowed, even on a lead.
- Participants: max. 15 people (min. 6 people)
- Online registration and payment required up to 72 hours before the start of the tour.
- The development of the truffle is largely dependent on natural and meteorological factors. In the event of a shortage of truffles and in order to maintain the quality of the service, the organisers reserve the right to cancel the walk.
- Meeting place
- Alain et Valérie Salzmann, La Ferme de Champ-Villars, Chemin de Champ de Villars 4, 1372 Bavois
- Saturdays, 7th and 21st October and 18th November from 09:00pm to 12:00pm
- The walks are in French. English, German and Italian are available on request.