The foundation stone for this attractive guesthouse was laid in the centre of Radelfingen in 1739. At the time, it was built as a residence and farmhouse with a small restaurant. Ernst Schmutz bought the property in 1956 and continued running the business as a restaurant and farm. His son Fredi Schmutz took over the operation as a restaurant in 1972, and the agricultural set-up was adapted and converted so that it could be used in future as a restaurant with facilities for dancing and theatre. In 2016, a new concept was worked out and Fredi Schmutz and Urs Moser founded Radelfingergastro GmbH. The new limited company purchased the building and undertook a complete conversion and full renovation. The ground floor was made into two restaurant concepts, and the first floor was converted into thirteen hotel rooms. The first partial opening was in August 2020.
The hotel has 13 bedrooms, a cosy restaurant with a bar, smoking area and attractive terrace. The hotel rooms are all fitted with a shower / WC, hairdryers, TV, free Wi-Fi, and some have balconies. The restaurant with table football and dart board is a friendly meeting place for all ages. There are plenty of parking spaces available for guests.
The Bernese Lakeland region offers its visitors many leisure options, such as hiking and bike trips in the recreational area of Frienisberg and the banks of the Aare, visits to the little historical town of Aarberg, a boat journey on the 3 lakes (Biel, Neufchâtel and Murten), and a trip to the “Chutzenturm” tower (the highest viewing point in the Lakeland area). E-bikes and cars can be rented at the hotel for exploring the region, and the team will be pleased to help organise trips by horse and cart or limousine.
- Bike rental