Swiss mobile home travellers visiting the Bernese Seeland region.
The Bernese Seeland is in a central location in Europe. If you are travelling through Switzerland in a mobile home with the aim of taking a holiday in Southern Europe, you can stop over at the Orpund pitch. Have a rest and enjoy the region for a day or two here after covering hundreds of kilometres.
Aarberg, Lyss, Büren an der Aare, Papiliorama in Kerzers – the towns of Biel, Bern, Solothurn, Murten and Neuchâtel are close by. The lakes at Neuchâtel and Murten invite you to take a refreshing dip in the water or go on a boat trip. The Chasseral, at an altitude of 1,607 m, is the highest mountain in Jura, and allows you to see far across Three Lakes Country to the Bernese Alps.
Bernese Seeland, with its cultivation of vegetables, viniculture and fruit production, is highly valued throughout Switzerland and is a delight for bike tours.
- Fees24 h
- CHF 20.-
- 7 pitches are available
- Pay with cash (CHF / €) or via apps such as EasyPark, Parkingpay and Twint
- Services included in the price: service area with disposal of grey water, cassette toilets with hose and materials too, wireless network / Wi-Fi and visitor’s tax
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead
- Navigation address, GPS 47o 08’ 147’’ N / 7o 18’ 463’’ E
- Access via the N5 motorway to Biel, exit at Orpund – local junction sign (Raiffeisen Bank) – to the works yard
- Local indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor bathing next to the pitch – swimming in the Aare
- Former Premonstratensian monastery of Gottstatt, 13th century – church wing still in existence
- Public bus line very close to Biel
- Seeland bike network: reach the centre of Biel/Bienne in 15 minutes – e-bike
- Starting point for many well-signposted hiking trails in Seeland, around Lake Biel into the Jura mountains and Nordic walking routes
- Various museums and exhibitions in the area
- Restaurants and shopping options in Orpund and Biel
- Other services for vehicles: specialist professional workshops are available within a 30 km radius
- Pets allowed
- Wohnmobilstellplatz Orpund Byfangstrasse 25 2552 Orpund