When approaching the village, you can hear the clattering of the storks which have found a home in Altreu.
On sunny days, storks are a prime tourist magnet between Solothurn-Grenchen and Büren an der Aare. As in olden times, storks can be seen perched on their nests high up on the roofs of farmhouses, which lends Altreu its unique charm. A perfect opportunity for everyone, especially families, to admire the storks flying over the area, stalking across the fields and searching for food.
From 17 Apr 2022 to 31 Oct 2022
Monday - Sunday
- 09:00 - 18:00
Good to know
- Free entry, however, donations are much appreciated.
- Guided tours on request.
- Travel to Altreu by bike, boat, train or car.
- Permanent exhibition about storks and temporary exhibitions.
- Storks can be seen on rooftops and on trees.
- The Witi center has won an award from EuroNatur as a European stork village.
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for families
- Wheelchair accessible
- On-site catering
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups