⚠ Extraordinary closure: This activity is temporarily closed.
A city built by and for the watchmaking industry, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List
A city unlike any other: laid out like a chequerboard 1,000 meters above sea level, it was built by – and for – watchmakers. Guided by an enthusiastic expert, visitors can unlock the secrets of the utterly unique urban development of La Chaux-de-Fonds, a registered UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Prices per person (scheduled guided tour)
- CHF 10.-
- CHF 7.-
Children (up to 16 years old)
Guided tour (for groups)
Up to 20 persons per guide
- CHF 160.-
- Booking required
Good to know
- For your information, it's mandatory to wear a mask for the entire duration of the visit. Each participant is free to bring his/her own mask. Masks are also on sale (CHF 1.-/mask) at the tourist office (Espacité 1) and at the Espace de l'urbanisme horloger (Rue Jaquet-Droz 23) for customers who would like to buy one on the spot.
- Access by public transport: bus n° 301, 303, 311 oder 312 (stop Théâtre)
- For individuals: guided tours in July and August on Sundays at 2 p.m, recommended registration (French and German). Departure: Showroom "Espace de l'urbanisme horloger", Jaquet-Droz 23
- Guided tours for groups can be booked all year round on request
- Languages: English, French, German and Italian
- Tour on foot