By visiting St-Ursanne you take a trip to the past: welcome to the 8th century and a beautiful old town on the shores of the river Doubs.
"The tour begins on the old bridge, where we can see the beautiful big trout in the river below us. Some of the houses lie just outside the town wall, inviting us to pass through the old gate into the old town, towards the collegiate church. As we push open the two huge doors, we are struck by an extraordinary sound. Someone is rehearsing on the magnificent organ for a concert that very evening. Sitting on the pew and listening to the music, we feel as though we have been transported back through the centuries as we admire the architecture, the various chapels, the paintings and the chancel. Then we discover the cloister, whose archways invite us to walk through to reach the lapidarium with its ancient stone sarcophagi. Our guide explains that some of them date from the age of Charlemagne. The tour ends on an avenue under the lime trees, where we have the chance to rest on the benches and watch the goings-on in the medieval alleyways."
- Prices for groupGuided Tour, 1 hour
- CHF 100.-
- Guided Tour, 1h30
- CHF 130.-
- Combined guide tour of the town and the clock "la Berbatte"
- CHF 150.-
- Secret Circuit guided, 1h30
- CHF 130.-
- Groups: up to 25 people per guide (up to 15 people for the combined guided tour with the Clock La Berbatte or Secret Circuit)
- Languages: French, German, English, Italian, Spanish, other languages on request.
- Bookings: all year
- Pleaste note : " combined guided tour of the town and the Clock la Berbatte" is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility.
- St-Ursanne has been voted one of the best tourist villages in the world by the World Tourism Organisation.
- Booking required
- Accessible by public transport
- Custom hours on request
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups