Discover the lovely peninsula of St. Peter's Island in Lake Biel. Visit a late medieval monastery or the remains of prehistoric settlements and Roman buildings.
Having lived on the island for a few weeks, Jean-Jacques Rousseau yearned to stay there for the rest of his life. Following one of our guides, you will set off to discover its long and wonderful history passing through the Celts, the Romans, the Merovingian’s, the monks of Cluny and the Reformation to the present day. The archaeological remains are also worth a visit.
Prices per person
Single price (public guided tours)
- CHF 10.-
Prices for groups
- CHF 170.-
Good to know
- Duration: 1 hr
- Group size: up to 25 people per guide
- Languages: French, German, English, Italian
- Meeting point: Restaurant St. Petersinsel
- St. Peter’s Island is closed to traffic.
- Access: accessible by boat, on foot or by bicycle.
- Discover St. Peter’s Island on a guided tour organised by Tourism Biel Seeland.
- Visit the chamber of Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
- Option of accommodation and dining at the St. Peter’s Island hotel and restaurant.
- Accessible by public transport
- Custom hours on request
- Guided tours
Links & PDFs