Discover Europe's first educational truffle farm, accompanied by an expert to learn all about this precious mushroom, and finish off with a snack of local produce.
The truffle raises many questions: its edible varieties, the species of mychorizable trees, truffle-growing techniques, cavage, production methods, the education and indispensable collaboration of the truffle dog, and so on. All these questions are answered during the guided tour of the Truffière Didactique in Bonvillars (VD).
Thanks to the Association "1ère Région Truffière de Suisse" and the Compagnons de la Truffe Vaudoise, Europe's first educational truffle farm has come into being. An idyllic location, at the foot of the Bonvillars vineyards, 14km from Yverdon-les-Bains, the 6,000 m² plot overlooks Lake Neuchâtel. The truffle plantation features 12 species and more than 240 trees, which were planted in 2016 once they had been mychorised.
The tour is led by a truffle-growing expert who is a member of one of the truffle associations and the point of contact for all questions about this endearing and mysterious mushroom.
The tour lasts 90 minutes and ends with a small snack served near the truffle field with some local products.
- The 9 Dec 2023
- Conditions / supplements
- The tour will be maintained, even in bad weather. Please bring good shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Online registration and payment required, at least 72 hours before the visit
- Minimum number of participants 8, maximum 20
- Meeting place
- La Cour 4, 1427 Bonvillars
- From 9am until 12pm
- All visits are in French. English, German and Italian are also available on request.