Discover the region of Murten and its food specialties! With a booklet of vouchers in your pocket, set off to explore the tour of Lake Murten, on foot or by bike. Along the way, various culinary stops will allow you to taste local products, such as Nidelkuchen or Vully wines, in a picture-postcard setting.
Are you a gourmet and a nature lover? The gourmet tour around Lake Murten is for you! Alone, in pairs, with friends or with the family, explore the Lake Murten region and stop at our local partners - craftspeople and restaurants - to taste the specialties of the region.
How does it work? You receive a voucher booklet, which you can exchange throughout the day with our partners. The voucher booklet can be picked up at the tourist office in Murten, whose address and opening hours are given below. We can also send you the voucher booklet by post within 4-5 working days. Each voucher entitles you to taste a local culinary specialty. The entire route follows the signposted SwitzerlandMobility paths and offers magnificent views of Vully and Lake Murten.
Our recommendation? Do not miss a visit to the medieval old town of Murten and its ramparts!
The partners of the Gourmet Tour:
- Bakeries for the Nidelkuchen or the Vully cake: Fournil de Séb (Lugnorre), Aebersold (Morat), boulangerie Guillaume (Sugiez)
- Restaurants for a glass of wine and perch fillets: Bad Murtensee (Muntelier), Schiff am See (Murten), Restaurant du Port (Môtier), Restaurant Bel-Air (Praz), Hôtel de la Gare (Sugiez), LNM (on a boat of the LNM shipping company)
- a slice of Nidelkuchen or Vully cake with a coffee
- a glass of Vully wine or mineral water
- lunch or dinner including a salad and a plate of perch fillets
- a gift for a fun break
- From 20 Sep 2023 to 31 Oct 2023
- Conditions / supplements
- The gourmet tour can be taken at any time. You are free to choose your starting point and the order of the stops.
- The gourmet walk can also be done by bike. Bicycles can be rented from Rent a Bike in Murten at an additional cost.
- We strongly recommend that you reserve your table for lunch or dinner directly at the desired restaurant.
- Approx. 3 hours
- Suitable for families