From La Chaux-de-Fonds, the Grand Tour of Switzerland invites us to follow the famous red train of the Jura via La Ferrière, Les Bois and Le Noirmont to Saignelégier.
Taking the time to visit this watch-making town listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site is a must! You will discover its amazing streets laid out in a grid pattern, its buildings with an architecture all of their own and its museums dedicated to watchmaking and the fine arts. But the clock is ticking and it's time to get back on the road. The Grand Tour offers you the opportunity to walk along the railway tracks of the Jura. You will cross the green pastures and white fir forests of the Franches-Montagnes. In these undulating landscapes you can also see cows grazing and horsemen out for a ride.
- On this stage, you can buy or replenish your Grand Tour Snack Box at the Athmos Hotel in La Chaux-de-Fonds.
- As you follow your route don’t miss:
- the International Watch Museum
- the Espace de l'urbanisme Horloger
- Horse riding
- the Franches-Montagnes cheese dairy
- the Rocher des Sommêtres
- City start
- La Chaux-de-Fonds