Pierre Pertuis theme trail
Tavannes – Pierre-Pertuis
- 1 km
- Ascents | DescentsAscents | Descents
- 83 m | 32 m
- 15 Minutes
- Technical | Fitness levelTechnical | Fitness level
- Family friendly | Very easy
This informative hike leads the walker from the source of the Birse to the site of Pierre-Pertuis.
Built between the source of the Birse in Tavannes and the emblematic site of Pierre-Pertuis and its pierced stone, this trail offers four didactic panels that inform the hiker about the source of the Birse, the literature and history, the geology and the Roman way. This Roman passage, built during the period of Emperor Marcus Aurelius, is still visible today. The trail starts in Tavannes, where the Birse River takes its source, at the foot of the Pierre-Pertuis Pass. The source of the Birse can be visited on request to the public utility services.
- 4 panels (source of the Birs, literature and history, geology, Roman road)
- Visit of the source of the Birs
- It is possible to hike the complete marked trail from the train station of Tavannes to Sonceboz
- City start
- Main contact
- Musée jurassien des Arts Rue centrale 4 2740 Moutier +41 32 493 36 77 email@example.com musee-moutier.ch
Shaped by water, this natural way used by the Romans is a witness to the history of the region. At the northern foot of the pass is the source of the Birse.