In an almost Mediterranean atmosphere, the Witches' Trail follows an itinerary in the surroundings of the medieval city.
The witch invites hikers to explore the mysteries of the medieval lakeside town as well as the secrets of the plants, smells, trees, rocks and water around La Neuveville. She leads them to the upper reaches of the forest, through vineyards and along picturesque paths, where a mesmerizing view of the Alps and the lake invites them to stop at a romantic pavilion. An irresistible magic then draws the visitor to the secret waterfall (the foot of this waterfall is said to have been the bathing place of the local witches). Then, meditating along the stream, one finally finds the lake shore where several restaurants and refreshment stands are available, practically with their toes in the water.
- There is parking close to the SBB rail way station
- The educational brochure dedicated to this walk can be found in the brochure "La Neuveville : city walks" and is available in French, German and English
- Magnificent views of Lake Biel and St. Peter’s Island where J.-J. Rousseau stayed. It's well worth doing a boat trip
- Wines and cellars: a visit is particularly recommended
- Boat trips on Lake Biel are a must. There are many boats leaving from La Neuveville
- The history museum of La Neuveville is worth a visit
- The guided tour of La Neuveville for groups is very popular
- Not accessible to baby strollers
- City start
- La Neuveville
- La Neuveville
- Main contact
- Rue du Marché 2520 La Neuveville