This trail passes through two Nature Parks, the Doubs and the Chasseral Parks, from the Franches-Montanges to the summit of Mont-Soleil. On the way, admire the sparkling water of the Étang de la Gruère.
“We took our bikes off the train in Tramelan and set off to discover the largest renewable energy park in Switzerland, located on the sites of Mt-Soleil and Mont-Crosin. The route was very pleasant, though it was a bit difficult to begin with. The next stop was at the natural pond la Gruère, where we took the time to share our impressions among the six of us, whilst quietly enjoying the end of the day in this extraordinary setting.”
Good to know
- The natural pond la Gruère is well worth a stop, bring your own picnic or stop in a nearby restaurant or métaire (country inn)
- Hotels and restaurants in Tramelan, Mt-Crosin and Mt-Soleil
- Guided tours of Tramelan are available for groups on request at the tourist office
- Outdoor swimming pool (summer), indoor ice rink (winter), alpine skiing and cross-country skiing (winter) in Tramelan
- Riding school in Tramelan, Foundation for horses in Le Roselet
- Guided tours in English of the power stations at Mt-Crosin (wind mills) and at Mt-Soleil (solar plant) are available at FMB BKW
- Horse-drawn carriage rides available for groups on request by contacting Heidi Frutschi
- Picnic spots, fireplaces along the discovery path
- The fire wood is free and is kept dry for you at the picnic spot above the Juvent Pavillion, Mont-Crosin
- Possibility to book a brunch or aperitif with Erika Fahrni.
- CJ bus from Tramelan to Mont-Crosin