Mont des Cerfs' lodge
Mont des Cerfs. © claudejaccard.com
The Mont des Cerfs lodge at an altitude of 1235 m, in a typical setting in the midst of pastures, is the ideal place for a gourmet stop-over, in summer as in winter. It is open all year, except from mid-November to mid-December and from mid-March to mid-April.
The Mont des Cerfs lodge, an ancient cheese dairy, is situated in the heart of Jura pastures and offers a friendly and authentic ambiance to passing visitors. It is close to the walking trails in summer and the ski slopes and snowshoe trails in winter.
The specialities include the Bressane fondues and bourguignonne or meat on slate. The ice-creams (vanilla, raspberry, mocha and chocolate) and the absinthe parfait are homemade.
Good to know
Good to know
- On foot / snowshoes / climbing skins
- From the car park at Col des Etroits, follow the walking and snowshoe tourism trail (marked yellow) towards La Gittaz-Dessous, via Le Mont des Cerfs. Walk of about 45 minutes.
- Alternative route in winter along snowshoe trail No. 10, via l’Auberson. Walk of about 2 hours and 30 minutes to the chalet.
- In summer, access by car from Sainte-Croix: drive towards Gittaz-Dessous and then Mont des Cerfs. On-site car park.
- Public transport
- Gîte du Mont-des-Cerfs Yolanda Beyeler et Ludovic Besse 1450 Sainte-Croix +41 78 635 71 85 +41 (0)24 454 24 69 firstname.lastname@example.org lemontdescerfs.ch