The Jura was once a land of glassmakers. Today, one of the last forest glass factories established in the central Jura is located in Court
The few archival documents that have been preserved tell us that between 1657 and 1738 four glassworks were established in the Chaluet, east of Court. The third one was excavated by the Bernese Archaeological Service during the construction of the A16 freeway, which brought to light some sumptuous remains. A glass hall protecting three ovens, a drying room with two ovens, three dwellings, and many other structures are among the findings of the concession. An abundance of material also reveals some aspects of the domestic life of the people living in the hamlet. The ceramics are particularly diverse and the tableware attests to a high level of table culture.
- Accessible on foot by various footpaths from Court
- About 1 hour walk from the train station of Court
- Possibility to park at the shooting range, located at 600m from the old glass factory
- Possibility of picnic