This is the ideal place to engage with nature and restore your energy, just as our ancestors did.
The caves at Lobsigen appear to date back to another age but were actually still inhabited up to the beginning of the 20th century. The settlers who lived there enjoyed a modest lifestyle in harmony with nature. The caves used to lead deeper into the sandstone and were equipped with a porch as well as a small barn. The hillside was unwooded back then, and the people lived very simply off the income from farming.
Good to know
- PostBus line 105: "Lobsigen, Post" stop; around 15 minutes on foot
- Good shoes are recommended
- Turn off shortly after Gehri Getränke GmbH (it is possible to purchase drinks) via the steps
- Tables, benches, and a fire pit with wood are available
- Walk to Chutzen Tower in around 30 minutes
- No parking available
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for groups
- Picnic area available