Culture and Heritage
Swiss National Stud Farm
Swiss Natinal Stud Farm. © harasnational.ch
Haras national suisse
- DauerRecommended Duration
- 1 h 0
Located near Avenches, near Lake Morat, the Swiss National Stud Farm of Agroscope (SNSF) is the competence centre of the Swiss Confederation for equidae.
The Swiss National Stud is a living cultural heritage and a unique centre of competence and knowledge in Switzerland!
Founded in Avenches in 1898 as a centre for Swiss horse breeding, the Swiss National Stud Farm (SNSF) has three missions: training (for veterinarians, agronomists, riders, farriers, etc.), research in the equestrian field, and the promotion and support of the Franches-Montagnes breed, the only typically Swiss horse.
The SNSF is freely accessible all year round and offers an educational tour presenting its various missions, the work of its craftsmen and the life of its inhabitants, whether horses, donkeys or storks.
- From 1 Jan 2023 to 31 Dec 2023
- Monday - Sunday
- 07:00 - 19:00
Good to know
Good to know
- The HNS is open every day from 7 am to 7 pm. Training of horses in the yard or in the arena takes place from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 16:30.
- Guided tours on request from the Avenches Tourist Office (026 676 99 22 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Free parking
- Pets allowed
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for families
- Wheelchair accessible
- Guided tours
- Public transport
- Haras national suisse Les Longs-Prés 1580 Avenches +41 58 482 61 11 email@example.com harasnational.ch