Salavaux beach is the longest natural sandy beach in Europe (fresh water). It offers relaxation and freshness, from sunrise to sunset.
The beach stretches from Salavaux to Avenches. The beach is very gently sloping, so you can walk and stand very far into the water. At the sandy beach of Salavaux there are several barbecue areas, which are available to visitors free of charge. Showers are also available. The restaurant "Chez Rosemarie" offers food for small as well as big appetites, also local wines are offered. Also nearby is the restaurant l'Equinoxe, which is part of Camping Salavaux and is located between the beach and the public parking areas.
For those who like sports, canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddles are available for rent. These can also be booked in advance by calling 079 324 50 45.
Early risers are recommended to watch the sunrise from Salavaux over Lake Morat. There is something quite calming and mystical about the silence that reigns at this time of day.
Horses are only allowed to swim in the lake from Salavaux beach between 7pm and 9 am over the summer months.
- A free parking is available 150 meters away from the beach. It is strictly forbidden to park on the beach, in the woods and beside the roads.
- The beach is located in a nature reserve, the dogs must be kept on a leash.
- It's allowed to bath with the horses.
- From 1 June to 15 September, horses are not allowed on the unsealed paths of the beach.
- During this period, swimming is permitted between 19:00 and 09:00.
- Rental of canoes, kayaks and Stand Up Paddles
- Open 7 days a week from 1:00 to 6:00 pm from May to September (according to the weather conditions)
- Incl. Lifejacket, Paddle, dry bag
- Contact: +41 (0) 79 324 50 45, email@example.com