Vallorbe - Le Pont
- DauerRecommended Duration
- 30 Minutes
The Juraparc in Mont d’Orzeires, 30 minutes from Yverdon-les-Bains, is in a beautiful area of forests and mountain pasture where wolves, bears and bison roam almost freely. Popular with families and animal lovers, the animal park is also a centre for education and protection of the species.
What a delightful surprise to see wolves, bears and bison roaming in the Mont d’Orzeires mountain pastures overlooking Vallorbe in Yverdon-les-Bains! The animals in this vast unspoilt natural park are contented and roam almost free, while visitors can watch them without disturbing them from the walkways above the enclosures.
The stars of the park are the bears, George and Ursina, who regularly rear their young to the delight of the visitors, who simply adore the little balls of fluff.
Children are of course the number one fans of Juraparc, with its play area and farm animal shelter. The Canadian style chalet-restaurant serves fondues or other specialities – including buffalo meat – which can be enjoyed on the terrace and in the inside eating area, which can accommodate up to 200 guests.
- Monday - Sunday
- 09:00 - 18:00
- Guided visitPer visit (+ entrance fee)
- CHF 80.-
- Group (from 12 pers.)Adult
- CHF 8.-
- CHF 5.-
- Per personAdult (from 15 years old)
- CHF 10.-
- Child (from 5 to 14 years old)
- CHF 6.-
- Child (from 0 to 4 years old)
- Juraparc remains open at Christmas
- Friday 24 December: 09:00 - 16:00
- Saturday 25 December: 09:00 - 19:00
- Public transport
- Juraparc - Mont d'Orzeires Route de la Vallée de Joux 3 1337 Vallorbe - Le Pont +41 (0) 21 843 17 35 email@example.com juraparc.ch