Fun & Adventure
JURASSICA - Dinotec
- DauerRecommended Duration
- 20 Minutes
The aim is to facilitate a first-hand experience in the field outside the usual museum environment.
During the recent expansion and renovation works carried out by the Technical Division (DIVTEC) of the Jura Training and Education Centre (CEJEF), dinosaur footprints were unearthed in Porrentruy. The palaeontological heritage site highlights no fewer than 100 dinosaur footprints, including those of a fearsome carnivorous theropod known as Allosaurus. Where relics of the past and technological innovation come together, two clocks allow visitors to better understand geological time (millions of years) by comparing it to a more precise measurement of time (milliseconds) next to life-size artist renderings of dinosaurs. Treat yourself to a timeless experience and explore the footprints in the evening. Access is free of charge 24/7.
- On some fixed dates, JURASSICA offers guided geological hikes during the summer, and upon reservation.
- The JURASSICA museum in Porrentruy presents fossil collections from the Jura, some of which are important for the history of paleontology. The fossils found at the A16 will also be exhibited there at a later time.
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for groups
- Public transport
- JURASSICA Muséum Cité des Microtechniques 2900 Porrentruy +41 32 420 92 00 firstname.lastname@example.org jurassica.ch
- JURASSICA Muséum Route de Fontenais 21 2900 Porrentruy +41 32 420 92 00 email@example.com jurassica.ch