Rising majestically from Moron, situated at an altitude of 1,336 m, is the Tower of Moron designed by Mario Botta. The Ballon d’Alsace offers panoramic views of the Vosges, the Black Forest and the Alps.
"Designed by Mario Botta, the impressive Tower of Moron stands proud amidst the trees.You can get to it on foot from Perrefitte which was my preferred route. As I climbed the last step of the spiral stairs, I took in the amazing 360 degree panoramic view; the Ballon d’Alsace and the Alps were visible that day."
Good to know
- Free access
- On reservation guided tour of the Tower of Moron in french and german (reservation obligatory 7 days in advance, duration 1h30)
- Access by car from Malleray (trough the quarry, access with 4x4 recommended; official parking of the tower; 20-25 minutes by foot to the tower) or from Bévilard-Champoz until the Neuve Bergerie (40 minutes by foot to the tower)
- Taxi or bus can be arranged from Moutier to reach the place.
- Packages can be arranged (tours, drinks, transport, accommodation, etc.).
- May - October: snack bar caravan parked in front of the tower with soft drinks, coffee, sandwiches. Pre-order aperitifs with local products. Open in good weather Sunday and upon prior arrangement with Marianne Bangerter T. +41 (0) 32 492 16 67 or T. +41 (0) 78 806 42 83.
- CAS - Grathaus Moron: open on week-ends from April until end of October. Closed during winter (open upon request). Small menu, food upon request.
Prices per person
Prices for groups
Group (up to 20 persons)
- CHF 130.-
School (price per group)
- CHF 130.-
- Free parking
- Suitable for families
- Guided tours
- Picnic area available
- Suitable for groups