During this guided tour, visitors gain insight in the production of sugar and view the sustainable methods used in Switzerland to extract sugar from the beets.
The guided tour starts with a film about Swiss beet cultivation, harvesting and processing in Switzerland’s sugar factories and is followed by a tour of the facilities, covering every processing step from the unloading of the beets through cleaning, juice extraction, concentration and crystallisation to the storage and packaging of the sugar.
Prices public guided tours
- CHF 10.-
Children (from 10 years old)
- CHF 5.-
Prices for groups
Groups up to 25 persons
- CHF 120.-
Groups up to 50 persons
- CHF 240.-
- Free parking
- Booking required
- Accessible by public transport
- Custom hours on request
- Suitable for groups
Good to know
- Duration: 120 min., including a short film presentation
- Languages: German, French
- Group size: up to 25 people
- Bookings: by 3.30 p.m. on Monday, by email or telephone
- Dates: every Wednesday during the harvest (mid-October to the start of December) at 1.30 p.m.
- Guided tour for groups on request
- For safety reasons, the minimum age for guided tours is 10 years. Children must be accompanied by adults (up to three children from 10 – 16 per adult).
- The factory shop is open from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1.30 – 4 p.m.
Links & PDFs