Rousseau's life work led him to the previously unexplored island in Lake Biel. During this tour you will learn more about his works, quirks, and revolutionary ideas.
The philosopher, educator, composer and botanist Jean-Jacques Rousseau, fled in the year 1765 to St-Peter’s Island to escape from the disputes his writings had brought him. He found peace, serenity and pure nature. After Rousseau’s stay, the small unknown paradise became an important stage for travelers on the educational Grand Tour between London and Rome. Take a walk along the same paths, enjoy the lovely countryside and listen to excerpts from his musical composition. Feeling the esprit of the 18th century has never been so easy.
- Prices public guided toursSingle price
- CHF 20.-
- Prices for groupsGroup
- CHF 230.-
- Guided public tours 2022 : 22.05., 02.10 : 13.30 (German), 15.00 (French)
- Guided tour in historical costume
- Languages: French, German, English
- Guided tours are available for groups on request on the following weekdays : Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (april-october)
- Access: accessible by boat, on foot or by bicycle.
- Visit the chamber of Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
- Option of accommodation and dining at the St. Peter’s Island hotel and restaurant.
- Accessible by public transport
- Custom hours on request
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups