Explore the magical atmosphere of the his torical old town, and discover Biel’s history and the most important places to visit.
The old town is the jewel of Biel/Bienne. This was where the Romans worshipped the God "Belenus" for many centuries. Incidentally, Biel/Bienne owes its name to this Roman deity. The Ring is the oldest square in our town, as you walk around here you will discover a magnificent, magical, romantic and peaceful place. Follow one of our town guides and you will embark upon a journey through time to learn about the history and tales of the town.
From 17 Apr 2021 to 11 Sep 2021
Prices public guided tours
- CHF 10.-
Prices for groups
Groups up to 25 persons
- CHF 120.-
- Custom hours on request
- Accessible by public transport
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups
Good to know
- Guided public tours 2021 (registration required): 17.04., 15.05., 12.06., 03.07., 21.08., 11.09.: 2.30 pm
- Group: max. 25 per group
- Languages: French, German, English, Italian, Spanish
- Bookings: all year round, at the tourist office
- Meeting point: Bäsetöri (Jakob-Rosius-Strasse 16, 2502 Biel/Bienne)
- The city of Biel was awarded the Wakker Prize in 2004. The Wakker Prize is awarded by the Swiss Heritage Society to a political community in Switzerland for exemplary townscape protection.
Links & PDFs