Worth a visit: a collection of everyday objects from times past in the Jura.
A farmhouse dating back to the early 19th century houses the most comprehensive collection of everyday items from the past in the Jura.
It covers more than 350 years of Jura history, focusing on the daily life of the men and women who have shaped our country and who live on in their objects, tools and products of their work.
The permanent exhibition features a remarkable and comprehensive heritage to be (re)discovered, which was saved from destruction and oblivion by the museum's founders. The museography, which presents more than 15,000 objects, has been designed with conservation, authenticity and presentation in mind.
Grouped together by theme, the objects illustrate the country's popular history with intelligence and sensitivity.
- Prices per personAdult
- CHF 6.-
- CHF 2.-
- Prices for groupEntrance (Package of min. 50 CH)
- CHF 8.-
- Tarif visite scolaire guidéePar classe (écoliers jusqu’à 16 ans)
- CHF 50.-
- From Easter to All Saints‘ Day, always on the first Sunday of the month from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- For groups of at least 6 persons, upon previous reservation by telephone.
- An aperitif can be booked for groups and served on site.
- A visit of the Chappuis-Fähndrich museum can be easily combined with a tour of the old town and a visit of the Jurassic museum of Art and History of Delémont.
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for families
- Guided tours
- Exhibition / explanations
- Suitable for groups