St. Peter's Island
The famous peninsula of Lake Biel is a destination prized for its stillness and beauty.
St. Peter’s island invites you to relax among reeds, vineyards, and on small sandy beaches. Even Rousseau succumbed to its charm while seeking refuge on the island for a few days. Don’t miss out and treat yourself to some tasty regional products and excellent local wine at the restaurant. The island can be reached either by boat from Biel or passing through the charming winegrowers’ villages. From Erlach, the Heidenweg path takes you there as well on foot or by bike.
- St. Peter’s Island is a nature reserve and closed to traffic
- Beach and barbecue areas
- Accessible by boat, on foot or by bicycle
- Information boards on Fauna and flora and a forsted nature trail
- Rousseau memorial near the southern landing place
- Visit the chamber of Jean-Jacques Rousseau