The new Libell’lay nature trail invites visitors to discover the natural wonders of Bellelay from an entirely different perspective - that of the dragonfly.
The only nature trail in Switzerland dedicated to these fascinating insects with a name reminiscent of the fairy tales of childhood. Its 4.8 km wanders between lakes, rivers and marshes, an ideal environment for dragonflies. The trail includes 12 stations, each one dealing with a different aspect of the dragonfly, for example their voracious appetite, their extraordinary eyesight or their flight which inspired the invention of the helicopter. Taking the idea of the naturalist acting as a detective as its underlying theme, there is an activity to be completed and a puzzle to be solved at most of the stations.
At the Tête de Moine, the nature trail’s starting and finishing point, visitors can purchase a field notebook where they can record their answers to the questions and gather additional information to that already contained in the panels along the route. And there is a nice present waiting for nature’s detectives at the end of the walk!
Good to know
- Starting point: Maison de la Tête de Moine, Le Domaine 1, 2713 Bellelay
- From the beginning of May to the end of October
- The field notebook can be purchased for CHF 5.00 from the Maison de la Tête de Moine.
- No reservation necessary. The notebook is only available during the Maison de la Tête de Moine’s opening times
- Notebook available in French or German.
- It is particularly suitable for families with children aged 8 and over.