A hike through the mystical Taubenloch Gorge is a pleasure for the whole family.
The Taubenloch is one of the most popular hikes in the region – perhaps because of its romantic surrounding, the pleasantly cool temperatures, or the easy access that allows families to discover the gorge. But one thing is for sure: a stroll through the mysterious Taubenloch gorge is magical.
Good to know
- The gorge is open.
- This is the only gorge in Europe in the immediate vicinity of a built-up area.
- Warning: the terrain of the gorge may be slippery in wet weather.
- Picnic area near the hydroelectric ESB powerstation.
- The route is not recommended with a pushchair.
- Due to the renovation work on the carriageway of the N16, which runs down towards the valley in the area of the Taubenloch Gorge, the pedestrian gangway at the viaduct (connecting the zoo and Ried) is expected to be completely shut from 17 February to 18 December 2020, and this includes weekends.
Links & PDFs