A discovery path links the wind turbines at Mt-Crosin to the solar power station at Mt-Soleil in a playful and enjoyable way.
This trail links the solar power plant of Mont-Soleil to the wind power plant of Mont-Crosin. All along the path, discoveries await the walkers: huge fields of solar panels, astronomical observatory, wind turbines fascinating by their size and elegance, but also a panoramic view on the Alps and the Jura. Along the way, the cyclist will discover educational panels with games and information on renewable energies, fauna, flora, global warming, geology and weather.
Good to know
- The route is dotted with a dozen signposts covering topics related to energy, nature, landscape, agriculture and tourism
- Guided tours in English of the Mt-Soleil solar power plant and Mt-Crosin wind power plant
- Bicycle, trottinett, Segway and electric bicycle rentals at the mountain station of the funicular St-Imier - Mt-Soleil. In winter, snow-shoe rentals
- Picnic spots, fireplaces along the path
- Option to book a brunch/aperitif of local products from Erika Fahrni
- CJ buses Mt-Crosin to St-Imier and Mt-Crosin to Tramelan