The Avattes Chalet, situated at an altitude of 1450 m, is open all year. It overlooks Sainte-Croix and is located half-way up the slope towards the summit of the Chasseron.
In summer and in winter, the Avattes Chalet enjoys an extraordinary panorama of the Alps, the Lake Geneva basin or the sea of fog. In summer, the chalet is accessible by car or by one of the numerous hiking trails passing through the Jura pastures. In winter, the restaurant can be accessed on skis or snowshoes. The chalet is situated in the heart of the Sainte-Croix / Les Rasses ski area, and offers an exceptional gourmet break.
- From 1 Nov 2023 to 31 Mar 2024
- Monday - Sunday
- 09:00 - 22:30
- School holidays in October open 7/7.
- For groups, possibility of opening on request.
- On foot / snowshoes / climbing skins:
- Starting from the car park at Col des Etroits in Sainte-Croix, follow snowshoe trail No. 3 or follow the walking tourism trail (marked yellow) via Les Praises. Walk of about 1 hour 15 minutes. From Les Rasses car park, follow snowshoe trail No. 3 or follow the walking tourism trail (marked yellow) towards Les Avattes. Walk of about 1 hour.
- In summer, access by car from Les Rasses, on-site car park.