Night watchman tour with a twist – Explore the secret life of La Neuveville
Discover La Neuveville and some of its secrets while listening to the fascinating stories told by La Neuveville's night watchman, impersonated by a storyteller. Once in charge of calling out the hour and keeping watch over the city – in particular to sound the alarm if there was a fire and to make sure that everyone was safe in their homes at nightfall – this figure, with eyes and ears everywhere, was always aware of what was going on around town. During the first part of the tour, you will be invited to listen to some of the tales picked up by the watchman during his rounds of the city, then you will take a walk yourself to see the spots where the events took place.
- CHF 20.-
- CHF 15.-
- CHF 10.-
Good to know
- Duration: 2 hours (45-60 min. of narrative followed by a 30-60 min. walk to see the - places where the stories took place)
- Languages: French
- Public tours 2021: 05.09 at 13:30, 26.09 at 13:30, 22.10 at 19:XX (Registration and payment mandatory online or in the tourism offices of Moutier, La Neuveville or Saint-Imier)
- Groups: Date to be chosen subject to the availability of the storyteller.
- The tour takes place in all weather conditions
- Booking required
- Accessible by public transport
- Custom hours on request
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups