Tour of the old town of Delémont dedicated to the history of sovereignty of Switzerland’s youngest canton, including a visit to the Musée d’art et d’histoire (Art and History Museum).
The Delémont Association of Tourist Guides offers a tour of the old town of Delémont, dedicated to the history of sovereignty of Switzerland’s youngest canton. On the basis of objects, buildings and places, the tour of the old town of Delémont revisits key events that lead to the establishment of the Canton of Jura. From the first historical records to the struggles and plebiscites of the 1970s, the walls will tell the story. A moment of intense emotions follows on Place de la Liberté, where so many heated debates took place during the years of turbulence. The guides play a few excerpts, before visitors have a chance to enter the chamber of the cantonal parliament. The tour is offered in French and German, reservations required at Jura Tourism.
Prices for groups
Groups up to 20 people
- CHF 130.-
Good to know
- The Covid Certificate is compulsory for individuals aged 16 and over. For groups, please contact our tourism offices.
- Duration: 1h30
- Languages: French, German.
- Start point: Musée jurassien d'Art et d'histoire, rue du 23 juin 52, Old town of Delémont
- Bookings: at the tourist office
- Das Tragen einer Maske ist bei Führungen obligatorisch.
- Booking required
- Suitable for groups
Links & PDFs