15 minutes away from Biel, skiers and snowboarders find slopes at 1'300 m altitude in Les Prés d'Orvin.
The ski resort of Les Prés-d'Orvin is located in a natural setting on the first southern foothills of the Jura mountain range. The ski area extends on the northern slopes of Mont-Sujet between 1'030 m and 1'230 m of altitude. Two lifts lead to the top of the various blue and red runs and 3 Babylifts are available for beginners in this resort. There are about 5 kilometers of marked trails and a sledge track. It is possible to rent equipment and to book ski and snowboard lessons. As far as catering is concerned, there are two snack bars on the slopes as well as the Restaurant Le Grillon.
Good to know
- Number of ski lifts: 2
- Kilometres of runs: 7 km
- Number of pistes: 6 (blue)
- Minimum altitude: 1035 m
- Maximum altitude: 1300 m
- 3 ski lifts for children
- Transport: from Biel/Bienne station, take bus no. 70 towards Les Près-d'Orvin (terminating at “Bellevue”). Large car park available.
- Lighting: the pistes are floodlit from Tuesday to Friday, 7.30 p.m. to 21.45 p.m..
- 4 km (2.5-mile) winter trail from the “Bellevue” bus stop to the Farm Restaurant “Bison Ranch”.
- Snowpark (according to snow conditions)
- A toboggan run
- Equipment rental: Ski-King Gmbh. T. +41 (0) 32 342 30 10
- Swiss Ski and Snowboard School, Bienne – Macolin – Les Prés-d’Orvin, T. +41 (0) 32 485 15 31
- Ski area Magic Pass
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for families
- On-site catering
- On-site equipment rental