Even the ride here is stunning…. and once at the top pure nature.
"Mt-Soleil is a perfect destination for an excursion if you’re a nature lover –and it’s well worth taking the funicular railway to get to the top, as stunning views are enjoyed whatever the time of the year! Personally, I first discovered the beauty of the spot and nature’s delightful summer display during a guided tour at the observatory … but today its cold, it has snowed a great deal and we’re surrounded by peace and tranquillity. Between winter hikes, skiing or snow-shoe walks we’ve opted for a simply stroll…. only to discover one moment more pleasurable than the next; ending with a tasty regional menu in the restaurant l'Assesseur".
Good to know
- Guided tours of the Mt-Soleil solar power plant and Mt-Crosin wind power plant
- Observatory; guided viewings for groups
- Bicycle, trottinett, Segway and electric bicycle rentals at the mountain station. In winter, snow-shoe rentals
- In winter, ski lift/bobsled lift
- New: Start of the cross-country skiing course directly opposite the mountain station