The ascent from St-Imier to Mont-Soleil can be done by funicular.
Since 1903, the funicular links St-Imier to Mont-Soleil in a journey of only a few minutes. The ascent, which may seem vertiginous for the less adventurous, offers a panoramic view of the town of St-Imier and the Vallon. At the top, the visitor enjoys a breathtaking view of the Combe Grède and the Chasseral. The arrival of the funicular at Mont-Soleil is the start of a multitude of possibilities: a walk on the Sentier des Monts, activities offered by the funicular or a visit to the solar and wind power plants... The funicular rents bicycles, segways and scooters to visitors.
Good to know
- Guided tours of the Mt-Soleil solar power plant and Mt-Crosin wind power plant
- Observatory; guided viewings for groups
- Bicycle, trottinett, Segway and electric bicycle rentals at the mountain station. In winter, snow-shoe rentals
- In winter, ski lift/bobsled lift
- New: Start of the cross-country skiing course directly opposite the mountain station