Les Sommêtres is a rocky ridge up to 1,079 m high. It is well-known among climbers and offers an impressive view from the summit, which can only be reached on foot.
"After walking through the forest, we climbed the narrow steps carved into the rock. At the top, we had an unobstructed view of the plateau of Maiche to the north, with the Franches-Montagnes and Chasseral to the south. We could make out the Doubs at the bottom of the valley. The more courageous among us walked up to the cross, but I was too scared of the height! Instead, I took a look at the refuge and almost regretted not bringing some bread and cheese with me. A nice fondue would have been a fine end to the day."
Alice and her sister
Good to know
- The path is steep and some parts consist of steps carved directly into the rock.
- The Groupe d'Alpinistes des Franches-Montagnes (GAFM) has built a refuge for rock climbers and hikers passing through the region. I It is accessible on foot from the village of Muriaux – follow the footpath (yellow markers) towards Noirmont – or from Noirmont, follow the footpath towards Saignelégier. Allow about 45 minutes for the walk.
- Parking gratuit
- Animaux domestiques acceptés
- Accessible en transports publics
- Aire de pic-nic disponible
Links & PDFs