The calm atmosphere of this small town and the friendliness of its inhabitants invite to linger in its pretty alleyways, on the terrace or one of the restaurants or in the gardens of the castle.
INFO COVID-19: GUIDED TOURS ARE ONLY POSSIBLE FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD.
"I would never have guessed that Porrentruy was such a pretty town. As I walked from the castle via the schools, the Hôtel-Dieu and parish church, the fountains and the alleyways, I discovered its incredible history. You will not find these treasures by accident - in fact you must seek them out by listening to the guide's tales of the Diocese of Basle, Rudolf of Hapsburg, the citizens and the charter, the Prince-Bishops and the Jesuits, the French and subsequent Bernese periods and the new canton. That was how I gained an insight into the rebellious spirit of the inhabitants of this area and this town, who have seen so much turmoil through the ages but have managed to keep all the traces of their history within their walls."
A delighted tourist
Prices for group
Guided Tour, 1 hour
- CHF 100.-
Guided Tour, 1h30
- CHF 130.-
Guided Tour, 2 hours
- CHF 160.-
Option "Tasting aperitif", per person
- CHF 10.-
Option "Dinner aperitif", per person
- CHF 20.-
Secret Circuit guided 2 hours
- CHF 160.-
Good to know
- Masks must be worn during guided tours
- Groups: up to 25 people per guide (up to 20 for the Circuit Secret)
- Languages: French, German, English, Italian, Spanish, other languages on request.
- Bookings: all year round at the tourist office
- Optional tour :
- Apothecary in the "Hôtel-Dieu" Museum, price on request.
- It is not possible to visit the castle on weekends since it is an administrative building. Nevertheless, the Circuit secret grants access to several unusual places nearby which are usually closed.
- The city tours can be thematically oriented, our reception office will be glad to provide the necessary information. For example: Porrentruy in different centuries, Porrentruy from a religious aspect, Porrentruy in the course of time
- Watchmaking is a prominent industry in Porrentruy and "watchmaking tours" are also available for booking.
- Great gift idea: town/city-tour vouchers are available from Jura Tourism centres.
- Baroque organ concerts in the Jesuit church of Porrentruy. It is possible to reserve a musical interlude before or after the guided city tour.
- Booking required
- Accessible by public transport
- Custom hours on request
- Suitable for families
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups