A journey back in time to meet the Premonstratensian monks who founded Bellelay Abbey. With a guide, discover the architecture and origins of Tête de Moine.
"The Abbey is a historic monument dating from the 18th century. Towering over the centre of the village of Bellelay, a place imbued with history, this building in the Baroque style is a cultural and artistic meeting point. After the newly-completed refurbishment of the grand organ, I attended a concert that transported me into a world of musical splendor. The entire site is rich in history and is well worth exploring."
Good to know
- Guided tour of the Abbey of Bellelay upon request
- Languages in French and German
- Reservation for the guided tour all year round, in advance at the tourist office
- Summer exhibition, from mid-June to mid-September (odd-numbered years)
- For individual visits, ask for the key that give access to the tower and the galery at the reception of the clinic.
- CHF 10.-
Prices for groups
Group up to 25 people (package)
- CHF 150.-