Great hike in the gorges with stairs to ascend.
“The Combe-Grède is a particularly peaceful and wild nature reserve. Its almost vertical cliffs are home to chamois and marmots, but also very impressive to us mere humans. I am a sporty person, but still i will not forget the steep upward hike to the summit of Chasseral. From the ridge, the panoramic view of the plateau, the Three-Lakes Region and the Bernese alps, quickly made me forget the effort I had made.”
Good to know
- On the way back, the farm restaurants welcome visitors and serve local specialities
- Chasseral regional Park, guided tours of the park, green camps for school classes
- The Combe Grède hiking trail is inaccessible due to winter conditions.
- Its reopening will be announced on the summer map on the website: www.suissemobile.ch
- Click on “Map”.
- Select “Hiking in Switzerland”.
- Then enter “Combe Grède” in the search bar at the top left of the page.
- Click on “Ditch La Combe Grède (BE) – Villeret”.
- If the trail is highlighted with a dashed red and white line, this means the trail is closed.