An impressive hike to the top of Chasseral with steps to climb.
The Combe Grède is a particularly quiet and wild natural reserve. Its almost vertical cliffs are the favorite ground of chamois and marmots. The ultimate goal of this hike is the Chasseral peak and its panoramic view on the three lakes and the Alps. Typical of the Bernese Jura, the farmhouses await the visitor for a thirst-quenching drink or a regional dish, often prepared with products made on the spot, for a pleasant break during this sporty climb.
Good to know
- On the way back, the farm restaurants welcome visitors and serve local specialities
- Chasseral regional Park, guided tours of the park, green camps for school classes
- The Combe Grède hiking trail is inaccessible due to winter conditions.
- Its reopening will be announced on the summer map on the website: www.suissemobile.ch
- Click on “Map”.
- Select “Hiking in Switzerland”.
- Then enter “Combe Grède” in the search bar at the top left of the page.
- Click on “Ditch La Combe Grède (BE) – Villeret”.
- If the trail is highlighted with a dashed red and white line, this means the trail is closed.