Cheese lovers, rejoice ! A day from Bellelay to Saint-Imier with a touch of cheese...
Departure to the Maison de la Tête de Moine in Bellelay. It is a museum, an old-fashioned cheese factory, a café and a grocery store specialized in local products. You will discover a know-how of more than 800 years in the historical birthplace of the famous Tête de Moine PDO cheese.
Afterwards, you will be treated to a typical fondue in a place that is no less typical of the region. Between forests and wooded pastures so authentic, the Bise de Corgémont offers a spectacular view of the Vallon de St-Imier.
After lunch, we meet at the Spielhofer cheese factory in Saint-Imier. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the production premises and discover the cheeses in a fitted out cellar. The family business Spielhofer SA offers an ideal and warm setting to learn all about the production of Tête de Moine.
Good to know
- Languages at the Maison de la Tête de Moine: French, German, English, Russian (Italian and Spanish on request)
- With the JURA-PASS, get a 20% discount on 1 adult admission to the Maison de la Tête de Moine
- The Maison de la Tête de Moine can be visited without reservation and individually.
- Reservations are required for a guided tour of the Spielhofer cheese factory.
- On public holidays, please call for information on opening times
- This offer is an idea of activity, it is not possible to reserve it
- Guided tours
- Restaurant Bise de Corgémont 2606 Corgémont +41 32 489 31 41