A visit to the Bellelay Abbey is a journey through time to meet the Premonstratensian monks who founded this historic monument in the 12th century. In the company of a guide, you will discover the architecture of the place and the origins of the Tête de Moine, a famous cheese whose birthplace is in Bellelay. Located in the heart of the village of Bellelay, the baroque building, renovated at the end of the 1950s, is now a major venue for cultural and artistic events. A special highlight of the visit is the opportunity to climb to the top of one of the towers of the abbey church and enjoy a breathtaking view of the Petit-Val.
Visits to the abbey church are combined with other activities (organ concert, visit of the Maison de la Tête de Moine & visit of the art exhibition in the abbey church).
- July 16: Visit of the abbey church with exhibition
- July 20: Visit of the abbey church with organ concert
- July 30: Visit of the abbey church with Maison de la Tête de Moine
- August 3: Visit of the abbey church with organ concert
- August 13: Visit of the abbey church with Maison de la Tête de Moine
- CHF 29.-
- Students / AHV / IV
- CHF 26.-
- CHF 20.-
- Reservation and payment required, online or at the reception offices in Moutier, Saint-Imier or La Neuveville.