A stunningly beautiful rocky cirque; a work of nature not to be missed!
One of Switzerland's most astonishing geological curiosities: the rock arena of Creux du Van is a majestic circular cliff formation, 1 km in diameter and 166 m high. Erosion by water and ice carved out this arena, which is also an amazing natural reserve where ibex and chamois abound. From the summit, walkers can enjoy a stunning view of the lake and the Alps.
Good to know
- The biggest nature reserve in the canton (15.5 km2)
- Access on foot: from Noiraigue
- Access by car: from St-Aubin, Couvet or Travers by a tarmac road to the Restaurant du Soliat (becoming narrower at the end). The Creux du Van rocky cirque is approximately 300 m on foot from the restaurant
- In Winter, please check accessibility before leaving
- Restaurants and accommodation (from May to October): Restaurant de la Ferme Robert (on the ascent); Ferme du Soliat (at the top)