Venture out into the valley which has beaten the historic record of cold temperatures in Switzerland: - 41.8°C!
Brrrr… -41.8°C: that was Switzerland’s lowest-ever temperature, and it was recorded here in 1987. Apart from Siberian temperatures, the valley features captivating scenery, cross-country ski runs and snowshoe trails galore, a delightful frozen lake and even a Cold Festival in February!
Good to know
- In this mystic valley with its enchanting landscapes, there is much to experience:
- Be confronted with the coldest temperatures in Switzerland
- Discover the Lac des Taillères, in winter or in summer
- Visit the meteorological station in the village of La Brévine
- Get your "ice diploma" at one of the restaurants in the valley to document your visit to the Siberia of Switzerland
- Buy a thermometer as a souvenir in one of the shops or restaurants in the valley
Links & PDFs