Visit of the farm and its donkey breeding, harnesses for different events.
"We received a very warm welcome when we arrived at Chaux-d’Abel. Our hosts are real devotees, raising donkeys in stables, in grounds that have been specially developed for them. They organise trips and when we were there, a cart set off with a family of four “on board”. The owner explained to us that during the trips, they tell the story of the region, the bridge and the chapel…"
Good to know
- Donkey farm, about 30 donkeys
- Activities for children or events
- Open all year, by prior appointment only
- Take part in different events and activities like désalpe (Swiss festival to mark herds coming in from mountain pastures) and Saint-Nicolas
- Free parking
- Booking required
- Custom hours on request
- Suitable for families
- Animations for children
- Exhibition / explanations
- Suitable for groups
Links & PDFs