During this tour you will learn about the arrival of the first watchmakers, the development of this industry and its growth in status.
Since the 19th century, Biel/Bienne has been an industrial and watchmaking city. During this tour, you will discover how the development of watchmaking has left its mark. Numerous stories and anecdotes will allow you to get to know the largest Swiss bilingual city better. Incidentally, are you familiar with the origins of bilingualism in Biel/Bienne?
Good to know
- Group size: up to 25 people per guide
- Languages: French, German, English, Italian, Spanish
- Bookings: all year round, at the tourist office
- This guided visit takes you along the traces left by the watchmaking industry and its development, such as such as historic top floor workshops and factories.
- The permanent exhibition "Biel/Bienne – Ville horlogère et industrielle" in the New Museum Biel will be visited during this tour.
- The city of Biel was awarded the Wakker Prize in 2004. The Wakker Prize is awarded by the Swiss Heritage Society to a political community in Switzerland for exemplary townscape protection.
Prices for groups
Group up to 25 persons
- CHF 225.-
- Booking required
- Accessible by public transport
- Custom hours on request
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups